If you do make the decision to return to a reopened gym, you’ll probably notice things have changed.
- They may limit the number of people who can enter at once (some gyms are requiring appointments).
- Equipment might be spaced out so people can stay separate.
- Common areas that are harder for social distancing, like a locker room or sauna, may be closed.
- Disinfectants and cleaners should be more abundant.
- You might even be required to sign a waiver.
It would be good to find out exactly how your gym has reacted to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Call them before your first trip, and ask them about the bullets above. Also, make sure you specifically ask about what sanitation procedures they have created.
However, even if the staff of the gym is wiping down all the equipment between each use, it would still be best practice to clean everything you touch before and after use.
If your still looking to workout in the safety of your home then join in on our online exercise classes every Monday, Thursday and Saturday at 10am via zoom.