Roasted Beetroot Hummus
Beetroot is full of B vitamins, iron, copper, magnesium, and potassium.
Roasted they have a subtle sweetness, and a twist to traditional hummus. Added with tahini, garlic and spices. It’s versatile to use as a spread or dip.
* 1 small beet
* 1¾ cup cooked chickpeas, drained
* zest of 1 large lemon
* juice of half a large lemon
* pinch of salt and pepper
* 2 large cloves garlic, minced
* 2 heaped tbsp tahini
* ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
* Preheat oven to 190°C and roast beet for about 1 hour. Make sure beet is wrapped in tin foil. Allow it to cool in fridge to room temperature.
* Once beet has cooled, peel, quarter and place in food processor. Blend until almost smooth. Add remaining ingredients except for olive oil and blend until totally smooth.
* Drizzle with olive oil as hummus is mixing. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. If the mixture is too thick, add a little water.